Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hal
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by jconley
    Appreciate your input Hal. Do you have larger photos and/or photos of your full results? My baldness pattern was similar to yours, but further apart on top. I'm 2 1/2 months post FUT / 3100 and really happy with the growth so far (I know it's early, but maybe I had a fewer percentage of follicles go dormant). Not sure what I could reasonably expect going forward and sounds like you're very happy. Thanks!
    Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal
    Attached Files

Comment

• jconley
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by hal
      Here you go-- these were taken tonight-- no product of any kind in the hair and no special combing or anything.

I have been very happy with my results-- Dr. Ron Shapiro out of Minnesota did the work. Great guy!

I wanted hair to frame my face and didn't want to be seen as "the bald guy" when I walked in to a room. While I don't have movie star hair, I have met my goals and believe I have an age appropriate hairline (55 years old). So I am satisfied!

Hang in there with your growth phase--keep updating with images if you don't mind. I believe the next few months will tell the tale. And if you need another session somewhere down the road, so be it. You'll get there.

Hal
      Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jconley
        Wow, looks fantastic! Congrats on your success. I'll try get some pics up soon.
        JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• jconley
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by pkipling
          JConley - I encourage you to start your own thread. There seems to be some confusion (on my part at least! Lol) as to who's responding to who and whose questions are being answered. This started as a thread by C1982, so let's keep this focused on him and his questions regarding his journey. If you have specific questions about your own process, start a new thread with your photos, background, and where you are in terms of your HT/hair loss and the community will be more than happy to chime in.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
          I wasn't trying to change the subject to discuss me, I was just answering the post that I was quoted in. I apologize, I won't post about myself again in this thread.

Comment

• C1982
            • Oct 2018

16 weeks today.
            One photo in the light, one without the light.
            Not sure whether I’m currently happy with it or not.
            Time will tell.
            Onwards....
            Attached Files

Comment

• pkipling
              Inactive
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by C1982
              16 weeks today.
              One photo in the light, one without the light.
              Not sure whether I’m currently happy with it or not.
              Time will tell.
              Onwards....
              Time will tell, indeed - but this looks like a fantastic start! I don't think you posted a clear pre-op photo, but you mentioned you were completely bald in this area before. With that in mind, this is definitely progress! Stay patient and positive.

(And jconley! No need to apologize at all. It's a rather common thing that happens sometimes, and some threads can get hijacked even with the best of intentions. No blame, no harm, no foul! Just an FYI. )

Comment

• C1982
                • Oct 2018

I have a few questions regarding transplants in general...

I know the rule is to see full results, you have to wait 12, even 18 months. But at what point does the last hair sprout through?
                My understanding is that the 12 month wait is to see full thickness.
                So I mean at what point are all the hairs generally through?
                Thanks!

Comment

• C1982
                  • Oct 2018

130 days update
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kyle19882
                    • Feb 2019

congrats bro! i bet your confidence is sky high today. i just recently became active in researching MPB and you my friend are giving me hope

Comment

• pkipling
                      Inactive
                      • Sep 2014

I have a few questions regarding transplants in general...

I know the rule is to see full results, you have to wait 12, even 18 months. But at what point does the last hair sprout through?
                      My understanding is that the 12 month wait is to see full thickness.
                      So I mean at what point are all the hairs generally through?
                      Thanks!
                      There's no way to know this. A lot of the "growth" you will see in the later stages in terms of "results" will be the existing hairs getting thicker as they get settled in their new home - So it's more of an increase in illusion of density in those later stages - which can often be substantial.

Comment

• C1982
                        • Oct 2018

Today is 5 months since my FUE.
                        Some days i’m happy witht the progress, other days I worry it won’t look good.
                        Not much I can do about it so I’ll just have to wait and see.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• C1982
                          • Oct 2018

7 months since my procedure. Thought i’d post an update!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• C1982
                            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Spex
                            Work looks clean. Who was your dr ?

Any pre op shave down pics to see how much hair was there initially pre op?

Regards
                            Spex
                            Hi Spex,

My Doctor was Dr. Rachael Kay from Farjo.
                            I had it done in their Manchester clinic.

Comment

• pkipling
                              Inactive
                              • Sep 2014

7 months since my procedure. Thought i’d post an update!
                              YES! It keeps getting better. Congrats to you (and the Farjo team!) Thanks for the update.

Comment

• C1982
                                • Oct 2018

8 months update!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...